Ways to Give
There are many ways to support Westtown. Please join us by giving your gifts of time and financial support - your investment today will pay rich dividends in the future of our students and the world we live in. For more information, please visit the links listed or contact the Advancement Office at 610-399-7910.
- Westtown Fund: Gifts to the Westtown Fund support every student, every day. These unrestricted gifts meet the School’s area of greatest need and are an important part of the operating budget. The largest areas supported by the Westtown Fund are faculty and staff salaries, benefits, and professional development; academic, athletic, and arts programs; financial aid; and facilities and campus maintenance.
- Designated Giving: Designated gifts are single- or multi-year gifts designated to support specific goals, programs, and projects identified by the Board of Trustees in the School's Strategic Plan. Above and beyond Westtown’s need for yearly operating support is its need to plan and provide for the School's long-term future. This requires additional gifts for increased endowment and campus improvements.
- Planned Giving: By making a planned gift to Westtown, you become a member of The K.O.B. Society which recognizes those donors who include gifts to Westtown in their estate plans. These estate gifts are the foundation of Westtown’s endowment and capital projects and, as such, provide financial stability for the school.
- Corporate Giving: Businesses establish philanthropic partnerships with Westtown through the EITC (Educational Improvement Tax Credit) program, which provides generous tax credits for gifts to Westtown's financial aid program. There are also opportunities for businesses to sponsor events at Westtown, as with the Golf Outing and the Auction.
- Reunion Giving: All classes are encouraged to give generously to the Westtown Fund, particularly during each fifth year reunion. Alumni celebrating their 50th Reunion also donate to a restricted purpose.
- Faculty Wish List: This is a means through which alumni, parents, etc. can fund items that the faculty wants but which fall outside their current budget. For example, during the 2008-09 school year, Westonians contributed money to purchase maps, cameras and software for the MS, instruments and a cellist chair for the Music department, cameras for the Athletics department, binoculars for US Science, a butterfly habitat for LS and more. For more information about the Faculty Wish List, click here.
- OneCause: Westtown has joined the OneCause Shop & Earn program. By registering with this free program, you can generate contributions simply by shopping on-line with your favorite merchants through the OneCause website at no extra cost to you. Up to 20% of each purchase comes directly to the school. And now, 75% of the contributions that are sent to Westtown School can be credited to the tuition account of a current student. For more information, click here.
- Volunteer: The school depends on the many volunteers who make gifts of their time to support the school. There are many ways for parents, grandparents, and alumni to give back to Westtown by volunteering to help at various events, plus it is a great way to meet other people in the community!
The School is deeply grateful to all who give so generously. Through these gifts you enable us to fulfill our mission. Thank you!